When it comes to window replacement for your Atlanta home, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer number of different choices on the market. At Echols Roofing, we have many years of experience helping homeowners select durable, attractive replacement windows that are ideally suited to our Georgia climate. Here’s our expert advice on how to choose the best replacement windows.
Make Quality a Top Priority
We’ve evaluated the offerings from leading manufacturers, and we highly recommend Simonton’s Reflection line of vinyl replacement windows. All Simonton windows are built from premium vinyl for ease-of-maintenance and durability, but two particular Reflection series stand out:
The 5050 series offers the ideal balance of workmanship quality, good looks, efficiency, and affordability, and gives you options like:
- Attractive window styles to match your home’s architecture including slider, double-hung, picture and distinctive geometric shapes.
- A choice of tan or white vinyl with matching grid choices.
- Double-strength, tinted, obscure or tempered glass.
The 5500 series is the top of the Reflection line and provides many of the basic features/choices as the 5050 series, but it offers extra options like:
- Advanced glass features for greater efficiency, security and sound dampening.
- A three-year warranty on breakage with optional double-strength glass.
- Beautiful Decorum® exterior color choices, as well as custom wood-grain interior laminates and premium hardware styles and finishes.
- An extended range of styles to suit any room in your home, including casement, colonial casement, awning, bay/bow and garden windows.
Aim for Energy Efficiency
In our hot, humid climate, investing in efficient new windows can help lower your HVAC-related energy consumption and your home’s yearly cooling costs. At a minimum, choose double-pane, Argon-filled windows with a low-E coating. For maximize energy savings, opt for triple-pane, Krypton-filled windows or an Energy Star-rated glass package, like the ones offered in Simonton’s Reflections 5500 series.
Weigh the Warranty Coverage
Reputable window manufacturers stand behind their products with lengthy warranties. Simonton’s 5500 and 5050 series, for example, come with a “double lifetime warranty,” which covers the vinyl components, hardware and screens against defects, and 20-year full replacement plus 30-year pro-rated coverage on the glass unit. The “double lifetime” warranty provides coverage to the original purchaser, and it’s transferable to the next owner too.
It goes without saying that expert installation is essential for a worry-free window replacement in your Atlanta home. To learn why we’re the best, contact us today at Echols Roofing.
Leave A Comment